The universal band saw is expected to find application in many areas from facilities with non-stop operation to metalworking and maintenance workshops. It is equipped with an industrial saw band 27 x 0.9 mm, manufactured in many versions, which allows for cutting of a wide range of materials, including stainless steel or tool steel. The band saw arm uplift is manual; the feed into cut is carried out by the weight of the arm, with the possibility of continuous fine adjustment by oil damper butterfly valve. When the cut is finished, the band saw drive automatically switches off.
The vice system also makes the machine highly versatile, enabling continuous adjustment of the cutting angle on both sides within the range of 60° to the right and 45° to the left. The turntable rotates with the saw belt. This prevents the saw blade from cutting into the loading surface of the vice. To facilitate easy arm uplift the machine is equipped with adjustable tension springs that allow for setting of optimum force required for the arm uplift according to characteristics of the material to be cut.
The most advanced concept of the arm casting creates a closed section that is hollow along its full length at all load-carrying points. This guarantees outstanding stiffness of the entire system, maximum accuracy during cutting and a long service life of the saw blades. All electrical wiring and the coolant delivery system are concealed in hollow parts of the arm, which means they are protected from damage. The new concept of the arm also brings a great simplification when changing the saw band or when cleaning the inside of the arm. You just need to open the hinged back cover of the arm and it will stay locked in the upper position. Apart from the new saw arm design, there are many technological adjustments and innovations that improve user comfort as well as the quality and durability of the machine. As an accessory, it is possible to use the cleaning brush of the saw band that is synchronously driven by the driving wheel.
• Robust machine framework composed of castings from grey cast iron guarantees excellent vibration absorption.
• Modern concept of the band saw arm allows for large cutting ranges in upright and angular cuts.
• Simple locking and adjusting of the desired cutting angle on the angle scale with stops fixed at 45°, 60° and 90°.
• Massive quick-clamping vice ensures easy and reliable workpiece clamping.
• Large-diameter running wheels and precise three-side hardened steel blade guides ensure long service life of the band and cutting accuracy.
• Overdesign of the running wheel bearings, the tensioning wheel system and all the rotary parts helps extend the service life of the machine in long run.
• Noiseless and maintenance-free drive of the saw band is provided by an industrial electric motor with worm gearbox.
• Three-phase, two-speed motor (400 V) allows you to choose the band speed of 40 and 80 m/min. Version ARG 300 PLUS E.F. is equipped with frequency converter, which enables continuous blade speed regulation between 15 – 90 m/min (2,2 kW motor).
• The machine is connected to a complete cooling system with a high-performance pump, with the ability of regulating the flow on both guiding heads independently. Coolant tank with a pump is placed in the base of the machine.
• Easy control by ergonomically placed controls (electrical and hydraulics) located on the base of the machine.
• The machine is equipped with an adjustable workpiece limit stop with 250 mm scale.